Monday, March 23, 2015

Kroger Mega Sales Event





My bi-weekly Kroger shopping trip cost me $63!  I am normally able to get my bill around $50.  But hey, I saved a total of $48.   That's saying something.  Like the last Kroger post, they had a "Buy 5 Save $5 Mega Event Savings on several items (sale ends Tuesday night).  Ok, on to the fun stuff:

A couple of freebies:  
Kroger brand frozen pack of vegetables - coupon in the mail from Kroger based on regular purchases
Yoplait Greek Yogurt Whips (which was extremely tasty may I add) digital coupon

Great deal on Pull Ups and Comforts Training pants:  $11 total
Pull Ups $8.99, Mega Sales Event made them $7.99, plus a digital coupon for $2 off
Comforts Training pants $6.99, plus digital coupon for $2 off (I would have just brought two packs of the Comforts, but they only let you use the digital coupon on one item).  And side bar, I welcome any advice on how to get the toddler to do #2 on the potty vs. the prefered pull up!

Quaker Steel Cut Instant Oatmeal:  $0.69 per box
Originally $2.69, Mega Sales Event made them $1.69, 2 manufacturer coupons for $1 off

Kraft Mayo:  Buy one get one free!
Originally $3.49, Mega Sales Event made them $2.49, Kroger mailed coupon for $1.40 off two.  I basically got one mayo free!  (Hubby is a mayo-holic) 

Kroger 16oz Shredded Cheese:  $2.29
Originally $4.99, on sale for $2.79, Kroger mailed coupon for $0.50 off any dairy purchase over $2.  I normally spend a crap ton of money on cheese, so I was pleased to have a little break here.

Overall I can't complain.  I did not purchase any dinner meat during this shopping trip.  I have been on the lookout for deals on red meat, but have yet to see any that are worth me taking advantage of.  I have a good deal of chicken in my deep freezer that I can make some meals with.  Hey, maybe I'll have enough gumption to post a meal plan . . . not likely but had fun at Kroger anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment